Here are five things to do in the Hollister area this weekend:
1. Scapino’s Revenge: The production is by the Fifth Wall Theater Project in collaboration with Swan Productions and will show April 27 and 28 at 7 p.m. at the Vault. PG -13.Cost: $16.50. Details 204-0193.
2. Open Studios Tour: The San Benito County Arts Council will hold its annual Open Studios Art Tour April 28 and 29, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a chance for visitors to see the studios of local artists. The tour will highlight the work of 15 artists in Hollister, San Juan and Aromas with such mediums as photography, painting, sculpture, textiles, clay and a rural winery that designs unique, hand-painted labels for its boutique wines. The Open Studios map and artist directory is available at the Blak Sage Gallery at 727 San Benito St., and at various artists’ studios and galleries. A copy can be downloaded online at www.sanbenitoarts.org. Details: 636-2787 or [email protected].
3. ‘Taming of the Shrew’: Gavilan College Theater presents “The Taming of the Shrew,” April 27, 28, May 4,5, 11 and 12, with show times at 8 p.m., and May 12, at 2 p.m. The William Shakespeare play will be directed by theater instructor John Lawton. Admission is $12, students and seniors are $8. Tickets are available at the Gavilan College Bookstore in Gilroy and at Booksmart in Morgan Hill.
4. ‘Narnia’ finishes run: The San Benito Stage Company presents “Narnia,” C.S. Lewis’ tale of “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.” The show is April 27 and 28 at 7 p.m. at the Granada Theatre, 336 Fifth St., in Hollister. General admission is $15, students and seniors are $12, and group packs are available for advance purchase for $40 for four tickets. Tickets may be purchased at Postal Graphics or the Market, in Hollister. Details: 636-6810 or www.sanbenitostage.org.
5. Mr. O’s Spring Concert: Mr. O’s Academy of the Arts will present a spring concert April 29, from 1 to 5 p.m., at the Academy on Sixth Street, in Hollister. The concert will benefit the Save the Music Drive and Mr. O’s Academy. Admission is free, but donations will be accepted. Entertainment will include Mr. O’s Jazz Band, Shiloh, The Flashbacks and The Bornia Boys. The concert is open to adults and children. Details: 636-3813.