Pinnacles National Park and the 400 other parks in the system are offering free admission for nine days in 2014, according to an announcement from the parks service.
The 2014 entrance fee-free days are:
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15-17: Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20: National Park Week’s opening weekend
- August 25: National Park Service’s 98th birthday
- September 27: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
Normally, 133 national parks charge an entrance fee that ranges from $3 to $25. The entrance fee waiver does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation or special tours, according to the announcement.