Enrollment for TK, Kindergarten begins

HDLA information meeting March 8

Lisa Andrew retired as superintendent in the spring.

Registration for 2018-19 Full-day Kindergarten and Full-day Transitional Kindergarten classes for incoming Hollister School District students begins Feb. 5, according to a district announcement.

Parents must register at their neighborhood school.

Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1. Transitional Kindergarten students must be 5 years old from Sept. 2 through Jan. 31.

Parents must bring a certified copy of their child’s birth certificate, written proof of immunizations as required by California State law, which includes Hepatitis B and second Measles vaccine, and proof of address (current utility bill).

Along with a proof of residency form, parents will need to present current approved proof of residency documents, including a PG&E bill, land/cell phone bill, property tax bill, current rental agreement, DMV car registration, doctor bill or credit card bill.

Registration forms are available at http://hesd.org.

Hollister Dual Language Academy registration

Parents interested in registering their child, either Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten, for the Hollister Dual Language Academy (921 Santa Ana Road) must attend an orientation meeting at 6pm March 8 in the school’s multipurpose room, according to a district announcement.

At that meeting, parents will “learn about the academy’s philosophy, curriculum and requirements.” Only those who attend can apply to Hollister Dual Language Academy..

The deadline to submit applications is March 29.

If HDLA receives more than 96 applications, an enrollment lottery will take place at 10am, Friday, April 27. A letter will be sent out in May letting parents know if their child was accepted.

Parents must also register for enrollment at their neighborhood school, where registrations open Feb. 5.

Leave your comments