Gavilan College has launched a new website dedicated to the voter-approved $248 million Measure X, according to a recent announcement. The new website can be found at GavilanMeasureX.org.
The website provides access to essential information on all things Measure X, including project updates, financial reports, program documents and more.
As the bond program moves ahead, the new website will be regularly updated to keep the community, students, staff and faculty up to date.
Measure X is the third successful bond measure over the 100-year history of Gavilan College.
Measure X funds are expected to go toward upgrades, including:
- Repair or replace leaky roofs, old rusty plumbing, and faulty electrical systems where needed;
- Upgrade and add classrooms, labs and career training facilities for science, math, engineering and technology;
- Upgrade and add classrooms and labs to help local students complete the first two years of college affordably, and transfer to the Cal-State or UC systems;
- Expand the Veterans’ Center to provide job training, job placement, counseling and support services to military veterans and their families;
- Improve access for students with disabilities;
- Improve student safety and campus security systems including security lighting, security cameras, emergency communications systems, smoke detectors, fire alarms and sprinklers;
- Add a campus in San Benito County, and labs and classrooms at the Coyote Valley Center, to offer a much larger selection of classes, certificated programs and degrees;
- Renovate the aging college library to meet modern standards for technology and research.
Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
The Measure X bond website will also provide all information regarding the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee, including their meeting schedule, agendas, minutes and annual reports.
The Gavilan Joint Community College District is currently seeking qualified, interested individuals (current staff are not eligible) to serve on a committee of community leaders that will serve as the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee for the implementation of the Measure X facilities bond program.
For further information, visit gavilanmeasurex.org/application-for-membership.
Measure X Email Newsletter
Residents can also subscribe to the Measure X email newsletter to receive updates regarding Measure X. On the Measure X page, the newsletter form is located at the bottom of the page. Every email also contains an unsubscribe link to opt out at any time.