Hollister City Council members considering a proposed medicinal marijuana ordinance should keep in mind that there is no rush to make a final decision. More important, local voters will offer a collective take on recreational pot in November that should ease any political tensions about where the general public stands.
How many people can say they positively affected thousands of children in their lives? Gene Cotter was among the very few in that prestigious club.
How many people can say they positively affected thousands of children in their lives? Gene Cotter was among the very few in that prestigious club.
Hollister City Council members are taking a fair, practical, modern approach to the future of cannabis in this community.
But the Hollister City Council must take a hard look at putting in restrictions to bar dispensaries from downtown, other areas where children congregate.
Voters in the June election signaled a lingering lack of trust when it comes to public officials’ use of tax money.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Most Community Insight Board members agreed that the Hollister City Council made the right decision by supporting a sale of the 400 block property downtown to allow for development of condos, retail space and a new Community Foundation for San Benito County building.
Local support surrounding the Measure P roads tax idea has been stronger than that of any other recent ballot measure, and for good reason, but an all-in mentality from the public might come back to haunt other public entities with their hands out in November for more tax increases.
Nearly a year has gone by since the cancellation of the city’s summer swim program at San Benito High School due to concerns over the pool infrastructure. And another year has gone by without any serious talks on putting together a viable plan to develop a new one or an aquatics center.

San Benito Magazine

Fruits a’plenty

When Clara Bisceglia Zanger inherited orchards along the Pacheco Valley in the 1940s, she encouraged her three sons—George, Joseph and Eugene—to use...

Latest news

Sills thrilled with early acceptance to Stanford

San Benito High School senior Ian Sills recently huddled with his parents and three younger siblings in front of his computer screen...