good times local news media events catalyst santa cruz california metro silicon valley news local events san jose weekly pajaronian watsonville local newspaper, news events pajaro valley california gilroy dispatch local news events garlic festival santa cruz media events local california weekly king city rustler newspaper media local events car sales buy new car media
50.7 F
Hollister
English English Spanish Spanish
May 24, 2022

Authorities progress in drive-by probe

Two men have been charged and sheriff’s deputies arrested a
third in connection with the gang-related shooting of an El Cerro
Drive home earlier this month.
Two men have been charged and sheriff’s deputies arrested a third in connection with the gang-related shooting of an El Cerro Drive home earlier this month.

Orlando Barrera Perez Jr., 24, and Jacob Samuel Andrade, 21, both of Hollister, were each charged and pleaded not guilty to felony shooting at an inhabited dwelling, according to San Benito County Superior Court documents.

San Benito County sheriff’s deputies arrested a 21-year-old Hollister man Tuesday in connection with the shooting, but the district attorney’s office had not filed charges by 10:30 a.m. Thursday.

Detective Sgt. Tom Keylon said victims and witnesses picked all three suspects out of a photo lineup.

Investigators are working on proving gang enhancement charges for the two recently arrested suspects, Keylon said.

“They’re all tied into the Norteño gang,” Keylon said, adding, “They’re definitely deeply involved.”

Andrade has been charged with gang enhancement, according to court documents.

On Feb. 14, the sheriff’s office reported four or five people targeted a home in the 800 block of El Cerro Drive with gunfire, with four shots hitting the residence. Approximately seven people were home at the time of the shooting, and no one was injured, the sheriff’s office reported.

Andrade was arrested the morning of Feb. 22, and Barrera was arrested at the San Benito County Superior Courthouse on Monday, Lt. Roy Iler said.

“He actually showed up for court and was arrested at court on fresh charges,” Iler said of Andrade.

Both men were arrested on felony counts of attempted murder and conspiracy, in addition to the shooting charges.

The third suspect was arrested at his workplace Tuesday afternoon, Iler said.

Deputies are investigating a motive behind the shooting. Authorities do not believe the residents of the targeted home are gang members.

Perez and Andrade are being held at the San Benito County Jail on $250,000 bail each. The third man is being held on $1.25 million on charges of attempted murder, conspiracy and shooting at an inhabited dwelling.

If convicted, Perez could face up to seven years in prison, according to the California Penal Code. If convicted of the gang enhancement charge, Andrade could face up to 15 years in prison.

Please leave a comment

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

SOCIAL MEDIA

4,205FansLike
150FollowersFollow
1,121FollowersFollow